Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

T-1 and let the insanity begin

Before the planning had started, I thought to myself: "I'll be good this time and plan everything out well in advance to save on the insanity as the date approaches". Oh how naive these words were...

Planning was done long time ago. All the flights booked, most important or expensive hotels booked. Friends contacted, meetings arranged, in-country transport booked, itinerary set. And yet, as with everything else this year, life has a tendency to throw you a curve just as you're expecting a fastball.

With my move to a new flat, and temporary 2 + 3 living arrangement (me, wifey plus three roommates) days were full of things to do, none of which included unpacking my stuff. And of course a day before departure I'm now losing my head trying to find oh, tiny details, like all my credit cards, camera batteries. Still running around buying some gifts and souvenirs.

To complete the swathe of destruction, the sandals which I bought yesterday for the trip, after spending almost a week looking through shoe stores in order to pick a sturdy, perfect pair, fell apart within 5 minutes of putting them on! Are you serious???

I'm off to teach my last two classes this season, then a quick run to find new shoes and then back home to pack. Tomorrow morning, we're off to bigger, better places.

ECCO Rainier Sandals (Night Shade/Moonrock) - Women's Sandals - 39.0 M 

No comments:

Post a Comment